Monday, April 4, 2011

Train Dress



This is the dress I am going to try on tomorrow. I ordered it a week or two ago and it was just sent "site to store" (free shipping!) today. I REALLY hope it fits because I do not want to try on any more dresses, or have to navigate through hundreds of websites trying to find another dress that looks after-wedding appropriate! I am worried about the length of this dress, hoping it's not too short.

The shoes I am wearing with my wedding dress can be worn with this dress, as well. I am getting these shoes (below), in IVORY. I cannot find a photo of them in ivory, but they have them in-store.


My plan is to change into the above dress once we are finished with our photo shoot at the train station, before we honeymoon in NYC. I would love to wear my wedding dress, but I fear the train would destroy it, and my heart couldn't take seeing dirt at the hemline. I will be lucky enough to wear the wedding dress twice, and also the tiered dress again at the reception. After we cut the cake and have our first dance, I plan to change into this shorter dress to dance in the rest of the evening.

Looks like several people got their formal invitations today. I received several texts asking for registry information (it's on our website, which is on the formal invite), and some saying they will for sure attend.

My girl and I had a wonderful weekend on the farm and at the lake estate we are now renting, despite my allergies trying to kill me. My girl's gram doesn't seem to be doing great. I think she might have fluid build-up again, and she has had a couple of panic attacks. Father came out, along with 11 of their closest friends for mass, Saturday night. We (the family) served the parishioners dinner after mass. We had a lovely time. I am drawn to the catholic church, and the peace it brings me in the symbolism. I love how ritualistic it is and I take comfort in knowing EVERY catholic across the world is hearing the same verses and songs as I. There is a form of unity in the religion that I find appealing.

Sunday my girl and her aunt worked on repairing the lake's water pipes that busted in the winter. I slept until almost noon (darn allergies) then hung out with them at the lake. My sister called around 1:30 pm and let me know they were going to drive to the city where we were to eat catfish and asked if it would help me out if they met me to get my niece's birthday present they knew I had planned to bring over later. Yes! It saved us a 45 min drive one-way. They didn't stay at the restaurant very long once I got there, they were almost finished eating. I guess they weren't in a visiting mood.

My sister did the weirdest thing tho...she re-gifted something I gave her six years ago. When I was going thru my divorce and living with them we became very close and talked about pretty much EVERYTHING. She told me she had never tried a vibrator so I bought her one. It was never mentioned, until YESTERDAY!! When she handed me a bag and said she was giving it back to me. She said it had never been used, and she didn't want to just throw it away. Am I the only one who thinks this is WEIRD? When she handed it to me, she even said "I know you think I am weird for doing this." The vibe is no longer in a package, and still had batteries in it. After we got home I took the back off and the batteries had acid EVERYWHERE and one of the connectors has been eaten away. I doubt it even works anymore. SO SO SO STRANGE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment