Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about”

I searched for a ignorance quote so that my BIL will see it. He may or may not take the bait. Why I feel I am sent here to change the worlds view on gay people, I'm not sure. But I feel I can make a difference. I don't feel it's right to just sit back and let others around me trudge in their ignorance without at least giving them subtle hints they are oh what's the word...IGNORANT!

I told my mom a few days ago that my Girl and I would be over around 8 pm on Easter night to see them. We left the farm a little early, we needed to stop by the cemetery to drop off some flowers on my Girl's dad and sisters graves. We got to my mom/dads around 7:30. About a mile from their house I met a vehicle that looked like my sisters. When we got to mom and dads my dad met us outside and said we just missed my sister. I didn't say anything, but changed the subject. Mom never mentioned her the entire visit. The only thing dad said was he got in trouble and explained that my sister had wanted them to do something with my niece that day but dad didn't have his cell phone with him so she apparently made dad feel bad. After we left my Girl said "well, at least you know she's not just a bitch to YOU". I guess it was the first easter I've never talked to my sister. I don't know what to do. I'm not going to push myself on her...but there will come a time when she will wish she had just accepted my life. And I am sure out of guilt I will require myself to be nice to her when that time comes. Not without telling her how much THIS hurts.

We had a great day with my Girls family. We had a fabulous dinner and dessert and had a nice egg hunt with all the kiddos. There was a void...gram wasn't there. She was missed. Her laugh and her good humor.

We leave in just a little under 36 hours for NYC. I've got to bring the suitcases downstairs and start gathering my things. I hope I don't forget anything!! I suppose as long as I have my wedding dress and some makeup, everything else should be fine. RIGHT?

I'm going to marry my best friend. The person I have wanted to be with since high school. My girl crush, my girl lust, and the girl of my dreams. She will be a wonderful wife. Cheers to the rest of our live(s) together!!






1 comment:

  1. Your sister will come around eventually. As close as you two have been, she'll get over this. How long it will take, only time will tell.

    Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete