Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This is my dress....



I'm supposed to go pick it up this weekend, but we are out of town, so I'll go next Wednesday. I have asked my future MIL to go with me. I want her to see it on, before the big day.

We (my girl, more like it) worked on invitations last night. We are about to wrap those up. We want to mail them Thursday or Friday of this week. They require a double sided sticky to attach our name cards to the front, which I am assigned to. I don't mind, I have more patience for that sort of thing. She does better on aligning the printer and invites/RSVPs/envelopes. Works out great!!

I made reservations for our wedding guests to go to the statue of Liberty. We are all going together the afternoon we arrive in NYC. The hotel where we are honeymooning will store our luggage for us for the afternoon. We want to take them out to dinner, as well. After dinner we'll take the rail train to CT. We pricelined our hotel in NYC for our honeymoon. It's not the location I would have chosen, but it's 4* and looks to be in the heart of times square.

I'm sending my sister and parents an invite, just as I did a STD. They never replied to the STD. I didn't expect that they would, but I hope they have the common courtesy to returning the RSVP, most likely with regrets. My sister lives in a bubble. She has such a double standard--some of her favorite tv shows star people with gay characters, or are gay in real life (Grey's, Glee, Am Idol, the Ellen Show, etc). Of course they don't affect her directly, or my niece, but she can somehow "emotionally" deal with it more so than her own flesh and blood. Yes.I.Am.Bitter. Why would attending our reception CONDONE a gay lifestyle? Can't it be as simple as being happy for their daughter/sister? I am SO happy to be adopting a NEW family who do not judge, or condemn. They embrace love, and do not view gender.

Oh...and I heard a rumor yesterday some of my girl's family from Chicago are coming in for our reception!! That will mean SO much!!

We got an email from my girls mom today saying she wants to pay for the entire reception...INCLUDING ALL THE BOOZE! We will have to discuss, but there is not usually any changing of her mind. *sigh* I'm Grateful, Thankful, and Blessed to have such a wonderful MIL.


No comments:

Post a Comment