Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Gift

I've been struggling with what to get my Girl for a wedding gift. We are going the traditional route on most everything else, so I want to include that, as well. She is NOT a diamond type girl, and rarely wears women's clothing. But for the wedding she'll be in a women's Banana Republic pantsuit. I found a black/diamond square necklace pendant and some small hoop diamond earrings today that I am considering giving to her as a wedding gift. Do you have any ideas? Have you heard of anything romantic or sweet...and special?

I initially found a canvas print that was personalized with our names on it but I don't know how I'd get that on the plane to CT, and I don't know where she would hang it? I am going to give her a hand written note with the jewelry...I guess I just wish the jewelry was more meaningful--like an heirloom.

We picked the restaurant we want to take my Girl's mom/aunt/cousin for our "rehearsal dinner". There's nothing to rehearse, but that's what we're calling it. We'll eat at Otto's Pizzeria (Mario Batali's restaurant) near the statue of liberty drop off.

I confirmed our wedding venue today. If I didn't post a pic on here, it's on my social networking site. We aren't renting the mansion, the parks & rec dept agreed to let us have our ceremony in the garden at no charge. I assured them we would only be 30 min or so. She informed me there is an AARP meeting taking place in the mansion and they might want to watch our ceremony. That's funny to me.

I also faxed in our marriage application. It will be typed and ready for us to swear and sign when we arrive Thursday morning. WOW! The countdown is winding down. This time next week I'll be in NYC. I can hardly believe it. Our wedding is practically here!!

Easter plans..I'm making a banana cream pie, and a pumpkin pie. The family has designated me as a dessert maker. I love it. I'd much rather bake something than cook something like mashed potatoes. I wish gram was here to help me make it...she loved to cook, and even in the last six months as she was stuck in her recliner (in the kitchen because it was her favorite room) she would point, direct, and instruct each one of us what to do and how to do it. Damn, I'm going to miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment