Thursday, March 24, 2011

Concert

I searched the artist on a social network and saw where someone asked if anyone wanted 2 tickets. I have been wanting to see her in concert and the girl who opened for her, even more! The tickets were left for us at will call. We went to another part of town and got our free facials--saw them in the local coupon magazine you pick up at the grocery store. What a relaxing hour!!

We got to will call, picked up the tickets, and each got a drink. We got there early enough we got great seats! I left my glasses at home, which I was bummed about, but we were close enough, I could still see great. My glasses just add a crispness to whatever I'm looking at in the distance.

The first artist sang about 45 min and I loved her!!! She was awesome. The only other female at my work also came and sat beside us. She is a huge fan of the 2nd artist. As the 2nd artist began to sing, about half way through her set, she sang a song about love lost. It moved me to tears. I had no one in mind as a few tears rolled down my face. My girl looked at me and asked why was I crying over that song, was it 'somebody'? I said "no". She said "Do you promise?" It flew all over me, I became so angry. We only spoke to each other the rest of the evening, until this morning, when necessary. I am still not completely over it.

She completely took away my "moment". She has told me before you don't have to have a REASON to cry. And that was one of those times other than the song was simply SO beautiful, that it moved me. We are getting married in 34 days and she is so insecure about a damn song to question WHY I was crying during the middle of the concert?? What was she going to do if I had told her I was crying because it made me think about an ex? I was SO livid I don't even remember what song it was now. I was so livid I wanted to tell her we didn't need to get married if she is THAT insecure. I didn't. I never mentioned it again. She leaned over once later in the concert and asked what was wrong. I shook my head and mouthed "nothing". Again, not the time or the place to communicate about it. I just wish she had waited until we were on our way home and said "hey babe, i noticed you were crying during a couple songs, does she move you that much?" Maybe I'm asking for too much, who knows.

So, do we need to talk about this? Do I let it go? I don't want to call off the wedding but it was the only hurtful thing I could think of at the time that I could have turned around and hurt her with. I bit my tongue. I knew I just needed to go to sleep and I would feel better this morning. It still bothers me this morning, so I know it's not petty. After 2 glasses of wine, I was wondering if I was just exaggerating the moment. This morning, I do not feel that I was.




2 comments:

  1. I'd discuss it with her and see what her intentions are. Does she have reason to be Insecure? Or is she just that way by nature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys doing premarital counseling? I would suggest it.

    And yes, you definitely need to discuss it. If it's bothered you enough to blog about it, it's important enough to discuss.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete