Friday, March 4, 2011

Moving the wedding up

Yep! We moved the wedding date up to April 28th. We paid the JOP, and I am booking our flights and hotel as we speak. We're going to the mall this weekend to be fitted at Ann Taylor and J. Crew to get a better idea of their sizing charts. Sizing charts are SO generic, have you ever noticed that?

I'm nervous, but more-so about the reception. I have such a fear of rejection, that people won't be happy for us. That they think we are weird-o's for wanting to get married. I think it would be MORE weird to get married in our state where it's NOT legal. At least we are going where it's legal, right? I will invite my parents and sister but do not expect them to come to the ceremony, or reception.

I'm also nervous about what others will say to me. I wish I could have the attitude of who gives a shit, but I worry about my job and livli-hood too much for that. What will I say when people ask if I am married? I don't mind saying yes, but when they say "what does your husband do?" or "what's your husbands name?" I am clueless as to what I will say, in certain situations. I could always joke it off and reply with "my bitch" to the career question and "precious" to the name inquiry. But how does that make HER feel? Why do I have to live a double life? Pretending I'm not married, or with someone.

Gosh so much to do in 8 weeks. I'm doing better on weight loss. I've upped my water intake. Probably doubled it, as I didn't drink a ton, before. The scales are going down. I mainly want my face to look slimmer, in photos.

Any ideas of something "special" we could do in Manhattan? Restaurants?

I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

now.it.hit.me


1 comment:

  1. Yay! So excited for you! Just we lived in a society that was more accepting and you didn't have to live a "double life"!

    ReplyDelete