Sunday, May 26, 2013

30 weeks

We had our 30 week appt with the OB. We were there seven minutes. It's pretty boring right now. I am having no issues. He did draw my blood and said my hematocrit and hemoglobin are slightly low, but not alarmingly. He called me in a Rx of Iron. When I tried to fill it the pharmacy said it's the same as OTC so I should just purchase it that way. I read the back of the label and there were ingredients that I don't like so I'm going to try a more natural alternative--unsulphured blackstrap molasses. I'll stop at Whole Foods and pick some up. Plus I'll get some extra calcium and magnesium in my diet!

I had a day last week when my SI joints felt like they were being pulled apart. Work is getting harder, but I'm making it. Sleep is getting harder, too. It's a little more difficult to get in a position that feels good to me and keeps baby Girl from kicking around. I don't find a ton of pillows helpful. Everything mashes her and I feel like I'm squishing her.

We had a lovely weekend at the lake this weekend. I rested in the hammock. I read some pregnancy magazines and also read some of my Ina May book.

We met with our doula this week. She came to the house for about 2.5 hours. She's very pleasant and laughs a lot. She's uber skinny!! She asked us a lot of questions and took a lot of notes. We're going to meet with her again in about a month. She did ask her circle of doula friends about our OB. One termed him a bait and switch doc. I am now worried. I am going to talk to my OB. The doula mentioned we could always find another OB if we wanted to. I personally don't want to and don't feel she was pushing it, she just wants me to know my options. I really hope he isn't like that. He has been VERY supportive of our natural birth plan thus far.

I am working Memorial Day. That's the only holiday I work until Christmas. My Wife and I were discussing what will happen at Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. It's so surreal talking about how she'll keep baby Girl back with the family and I'll drive back home to go to work. My milk supply should be large enough by then it won't be a problem. She'll (probably) almost be ready to try a solid food by Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment