Thursday, October 4, 2012

Procedure

My sonohysterogram went well. I laid on the table and LIZ did a regular ultrasound to measure my endometrium and follicles. I have two good sized follicles that we'll check again next Wed. The doc came in and explained EVERYTHING she was going to do. First she put the speculum in and wiped my cervix. That tickled. Then she put beta-dine on my cervix to clean it. Next she showed me the long catheter she would introduce into my cervix and uterus. There was a balloon attached to the catheter She blew it up to show me how big it would get. She compared it to a 3 month old inside the womb. *gasp* She then introduced the catheter into my cervix and blew the balloon up. HOLY JESUS MOTHER OF GOD that hurt like HELL when she blew the balloon up. I clinched everything inside my body and grabbed my Wife's hand and squeezed hard. I said OHHH really loudly. The doctor assured me the pain would end in two seconds, and it did. She asked me to relax and let her know when I was relaxed. I did. She then shot air and saline into my fallopian tubes. They were CLEAR!!! Both of them!! She looked at the uterus more closely and noticed some "mucus" that she could not aspirate. She asked the ultrasonographer to see if there was any bloodflow, there wasn't. She said she was 90% certain it was mucous and not a polyp. She would let our doc that ordered the test make the call if she wanted a test with a scope. We got a GREAT report. I'm so glad to know we don't have any fallopian tube issues causing us any infertility.

Next will be our CD 15 ultrasound, next Wed. We will likely do a trigger shot and inseminate a day after. We're going to start progesterone. Initially the doctor said orally, but after researching, I want to do vaginally, and doc said she would prescribe whichever I wanted. That'll be a blog post all in itself I'm sure.

I emailed a psychic that my best friend has used. I asked if she did a mini-session or one-question readings. She replied she didn't. I told her in my original email I wanted to know when I was going to get pregnant. I emailed her back and told her I would keep her information but wouldn't be able to get a reading right now ($$). She replied that I would be pregnant soon, anyway. :) :)

My Wife had to sit down during my procedure. She got weak in the knees. I am not sure how she'll be in the delivery room. We have always had this thing when I hurt, she hurts, and vice versa.

The pain I felt when the doctor blew that balloon up fled as quickly as it came. I am wondering if that's how child birth is? You forget about it completely afterwards? I can't even recreate the sensation in my head that I felt...which is a good thing.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the insemination and testing that I forgot what the end result is going to be. What are we hoping for? Fighting for? Then I think about those sweet finger and toes....

I can't wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment