Friday, October 26, 2012

6 time a failure

We aren't pregnant. The 6th try was a bust. The psychics are wrong. I'm done with psychics. We're moving on to a medicated cycle. I begin taking 2 pills of 2.5 mg Letrozole tomorrow. It's off-label, but found to be effective for stimulating follicle growth. It's actually prescribed for women in early stages of breast cancer. It shuts down estrogen in your body, which therefore stimulates FSH.

We're going back to our OLD donor who we used the first 3 cycles. We had one vial left...we'll give him a shot. It sucks for sibling purposes, unless we have twins. I'd love for our kids to be full siblings, but that's just not possible sometimes. Who knows, as hard as it's been to get pregnant, will we go thru this again?

I'm hoping November is "our" month and we get a + on the test. It would be an excellent birthday present, as me and my eggs turn another year older.

I'm hoping 7 is a lucky number.

2 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I've checked any blogs. Looks like the perfect time to revisit... Now you can add my good thoughts and wishes to your miriad of psychics and meds and Wifely support system. I can't help but smile thinking of you two holding a sweet little miracle soon. I know it will happen for you.

    ReplyDelete