Thursday, May 24, 2012

We had our follow up ultrasound 5/23. Our little follicle had grown so much!! The mean size had grown to 17.5. Our NP said to let it grow again overnight then we would IUI Thursday morning. We set our appointment for 0830.

We set the alarm for 0645. I woke up before that. It seemed like the minute the sun rose, I was awake. We got ready and went to the office. When we arrived another couple was at the window, and I saw another box sitting next to ours. One of the girls had a helmet in her hand. Did she ride a bike to the ob/gyn? We all waited in the waiting room for the NP to arrive. Soon after, the nurse came to the door and put the other couple in an exam room, and us in the one next door.

The NP opened our box and asked me to get her 12-15 paper towels. She opened the dewar and pulled up the vial. She took it off the metal clip and put it in the paper towels and handed it to my Wife and told her to hang on to it until it was liquid. WOW! I was thrilled my Wife got to be such a HUGE part of the process. The NP left the room for about 15 min. I got undressed and took pics of the vial when my Wife would check it.

The NP came in and asked me to lay back. She put gloves on, got the speculum out, and put it in. She got what looked like a 3 cc vial and sucked up the liquid out of the vial then attached a 3.5 french catheter. She pulled about 1 cc of air in the back end of the syringe to make sure it was all out of the catheter.

She said here we go...she inserted the catheter into my cervix. She immediately began saying how everything looked great and then said my cervical mucus was PERFECT. She asked my Wife to come around and look. She pointed to what must have appeared shiny. She slowly injected the sperm then sat there for a moment with everything in. She slowly took the catheter out then the speculum. The told me to close my legs, keep my head down, and lay there for 30 min. The NP said she was going to look under the microscope at our sample and asked my Wife if she'd like to go, too. Of course she did!!

When she came back she said it looked okay. I said "just okay?" She said "yeah, I've seen worse, but I've seen better". It was a little disappointing, but she told me not to focus on it. My Wife had created a IUI playlist so she put ear buds in my ear and I listened to that while they were gone, then when my Wife came back I asked her to come close and she listened with the other ear bud. We were wishing the fluorescent lights weren't on, but oh well.

30 minutes passed and the NP came in to let us know we could leave. We headed out the door. I stopped by the restroom on the way out of the building. I had a huge wet spot in my panties. When I came out, my Wife realized she forgot her cell in the office so she ran back to get it. Along the way she saw our NP who was leaving for the day. I stopped her quickly and asked her if the wetness was normal, she assured me it was. She said the sperm know where to go and stay there.

We went to the UPS store and dropped off the dewar that is shipped back to the cryobank. We went home and laid down. We ended up falling asleep for 4 (yikes!!) hours. The sleep was so restful, and peaceful. When we woke we laid outside for a few minutes but it was too hot. We went inside and watched our favorite documentary "The Great Sperm Race". It's a 60 min look at the path sperm takes to get to an egg and fertilize it. It's put into a life sized storyline. It's one of the best documentaries I've ever watched. Love it!!

I've had cramps most all day. My left ovary has had some twinges. Some pressure in my abdomen. I've had a headache but not sure if that is from sleeping too long. I drank a lot of water when I got up hoping that would help.

I go back to work tomorrow. It's going to be strange thinking about the possibility of walking around preggo!!

I sent our clairvoyant a message asking her to send us good fertility thoughts and if she saw anything to let me know. She wrote back tonight that she sees 2. GULP!!!! I told her I hope she is seeing 1 for now and 1 for later. Ha!! But my grandfather was a twin...so it could easily happen. I would be fine with twins...except financially. Not sure what we would do, but I suppose it would work itself out.

If I did conceive today our due date is Feb 15, 2013.

I am so happy with how involved our NP wanted my Wife to be. I loved that. My Wife has been so good to me...she cooked me dinner, babied me all day, and tended to any needs. She has constantly asked how I'm doing. I love the attention. Super sweet. I love her so much and am so happy we have decided to do this together.

Cheers to IUI and here's hoping it worked!! I feel it did....I FEEL pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment