Friday, August 6, 2010

Dream

I wonder if people can will themselves into my dreams? Had a dream about Dr Navy last night. It basically came down to a decision of being with him or my girl. I would have never played out that scenario in my awake head. I have not thought of him in days, or weeks even. Why did he appear? Why is he in my subconscious?

I often try to tell myself what to dream about before falling asleep. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Still nothing from my parents. My girl keeps encouraging me to write an ice breaker email just so they know we don't have to talk about anything gay related. She is probably right, I'm just too stubborn right now. I feel like I wrote them an email and it is only polite for them to respond NEXT, even if they don't bring it up. Of course I am sure they feel pressure to bring it up if they respond first. I do not want to have to bring it up again, but I know that is inevitable. The way I have been feeling for the past few weeks, I do not want to go home for birthdays/holidays unless my girl can go with me. My girl says cross that bridge when I get there, and deal with it then. But who wants another week of silence/pouting from them?

We were watching the real L word last night and one of the girls on that show has gone 5 years without talking to her mother about anything gay related. Her patience is wearing thin, I can only imagine. If the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't they want some consideration?

Prop 8 is another step in our direction. We will see what the appeals do for the issue. I can only hope something positive. Wouldn't a Calif wedding be great. Of course this will still be tied up in court this time next year, and we want a wedding next Aug.

Looking to start trying for babies in June 2011. Yep. So excited.

This Sunday marks our 1 yr anniversary. I got her a Flip Mino HD and a couples-day at the spa. Hope she likes it. I'm going to write 100 things I love about her and give it to her in a decorative jar. Also make her a CD of songs that make me think of her. I have no clue what she got me, but I think she's having a difficult time finding it based on what she has told me. More news after Sunday :)

Have a good weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment