Monday, August 23, 2010

MIRL

I began blogging about 4 years ago, when I was introduced to this foreign sphere, by the ex. I began commenting and receiving comments. I loved it! I met new people, was introduced to new religions, cultures, personalities, etc. What a mind opening experience! Speaking of mind-opening, we went to a drag show this weekend where drag "kings" came out. I've never seen that before!

Back to the subject. A regular blogger (niksbrain--what I think about) asked me about a year ago what I thought about meeting up with her while she is in town for a writers conference. I had read enough of her blog I felt I "knew" her well enough to welcome her into our home. She began her blog as a way to communicate with her husband as he was deployed in Iraq. As it drew closer to her arrival we began emailing more and more, etching last minute details. I felt even more comfortable letting her stay. About a week before her arrival I looked at the writers conference website...a conference for people who have written books about....SERIAL KILLERS. I told my girl and her mother. They had concerned expressions, but left it in my hands to "trust" Nik.

She arrived on Thursday afternoon where I picked her up from the airport. We took her to dinner that evening where she enjoyed fried southern catfish for the first time. Friday and Saturday she spent all day at her writers conference. Friday evening my girl made us pasta bake for dinner and we hung at home. Saturday night we grilled steaks then went out to the local gay bar. What fun! The drag show was good as usual, and the 2 drag kings were quite entertaining, too. I'm not sure how I feel about them, well drag queens, either. I mean it confuses the hell out of me. I don't think I could ever fantasize about any one in drag. It's just not my thing, but I am entertained by them! I am so thankful I was born pleased with my gender. What a struggle that must be. It's already an albatross being attracted to men and women...I cannot begin to imagine not feeling like a woman inside and out. Altho, I'm thinking of dressing up like a man for Halloween. Our gay friend tells me I'll never pull it off. We'll see...

We went to the dance side of the club after the show and shook our tail feathers for a bit. Nik got asked to dance, and we are thinking by a straight guy. He began groping her and my girl had to save her. We left not long after that. Just weird. You would think a straight girl in a gay bar couldn't get any safer, right?

Sunday we slept late while Nik finished her conference up. We let her borrow our vehicle the whole weekend, too. I figure if anything happened we've got good insurance, and it'll take care of itself. Of course she promised a million times she is a good driver, and she undoubtedly is. Sunday afternoon she wanted to grab some souvenirs for her kids and hubster. We went downtown and walked around, going in the tourist shops. So funny how we live here and never knew what was available. We dropped into Coyote Ugly, its one of her fav movies, and mine too, for that matter! We got a few cocktails then made our way back up to the BBQ joint where live music was playing. Yummy-food! Their pulled chicken sandwich was delightful, and a raspberry margarita, too! We came back to the house and watched football the rest of the evening and I took her to the airport this morning where she flew safely back to Minnesota. You betcha!! We got a kick out of each others accents. I hope I didn't hurt her feelings when I told her she sounded a bit like Sarah Palin. I love her accent, just not much on views.

It was a pleasure to MIRL another blogger. I've checked another one off my list. Now if I could just get M & L down here to Nashville for a girls weekend!! And of course I'd love to hang out with Cindy and Jordan more.

All this blogger talk got my girl to wondering what it's all about. I noticed her googling blogs and what they consist of what people do here. Funny how I really don't want her to start one. I have always told her she can come here and read but to never get mad at anything I might post. I don't think I've written anything that would upset her, especially of late. But I have also asked one reader if she thinks I might cushion my words in fear of her SOMEDAY coming here. I honestly don't think I do. We don't fight at all, and if we argue, I am usually over it before I could even compose a blog post. Oh don't get me wrong, I have my annoyances...but I am learning to love those and respect them. Besides I could never fill a box of 100 things that annoy me about you. Wouldn't that be horrible? I think I would need to evaluate our situation if that were the case!!

In my last post M asked more about us carrying babies. My girl wants to carry one, and I want to carry one. We go to the doctor tomorrow and began the process of "what to do". I have a list of questions in my cell phone to ask. Mainly about Clomid fertility, the cost, ordering fertility from out of the country, about the actual conception process. I want to light candles and make it romantic in the doctors office. Is that weird? Also going to see what she recommends for her to use to quit smoking. I really hope she says no chantix! I would prefer she try wellbutrin or the patch. I just hear horror stories about chantix!

I have asked my girl WHY she wants to carry our first child. I didn't want a "just because" kind of answer. I wanted thought, and reasoning. She said she felt if I went first, then she wouldn't receive the TLC she is hoping for while pregnant. I thought I would have had a more selfish reaction to that, but I felt good about her honesty. I know when it comes my turn she will be taking care of the baby, and me, but I think in her head, she feels "stronger", and more capable. I made a comment about her not thinking I could handle taking care of a baby AND her, but she said that's not it at all. I suppose she has a chivalrous way about her that most outsiders would say "she's the guy" in that relationship. I've tried to not look at gay people like that, but sometimes it does seem two butch people never hook up or two femme's don't. One seems to be a bit more masculine than the other. It's just how it is. I'm not attracted to femme type girls AT ALL.

Anyway, her reason is enough for me. It also buys me more time with my co-workers. I hate having to hide my sexual orientation, but it's just a fact of how it is. I suppose I am giving people plenty of time so that when they do officially "know" I can say...I'm the same person you've always known.

We have discussed WHEN I would get pregnant. Probably 3-6 months after our first child is born. I am really pushing to either be preggers or have a baby in my 35th year. I don't want to be in high-risk, but it may not can be helped. Hopefully with the fertility drugs, it will make the process go quicker. My mother was fertile myrtle, so I'm hoping that passed down to me.

I emailed a pastor of a church I have considered attending. I asked if they are gay friendly. No response yet. Will keep you posted on that.

We started reading Jenny McCarthy's book about childbirth. It is freaking hilarious!! She doesn't hold anything back. Funny stuff...but scary!!

This is my blog so I can justify saying anything I want here....I saw on the ex's social networking site where his current city is close to Chicago. If he has indeed moved, I am shocked. I never thought he would move for a girl, and I never thought he would move for a girl that has a kid. He hates cold weather and kids. If he has moved there, I hope he is happy. Gosh I was so miserable with him, why couldn't I see it?

And why do people have to be so damn happy on social networking sites? If you are that happy do you have to post it every 5 minutes? How do you have time to be happy if you are constantly on social networking sites posting about how happy you are? Maybe social networking makes some people THAT giddy! lol But I really don't want to hear how your organic coffee enema makes you think positive all day long and nothing can go wrong. Bite my big toe, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment