Wednesday, July 10, 2013

37 weeks

I am FULL TERM today!!

We went back Tuesday (36 weeks, 6days) at 0915. My BP was 157/108. The doc made a grunt sound just outside the door before walking in. He checked my cervix and said I was still anterior but not soft at all and no dilation. He told us to go to the hospital and have a baby (de ja vu?) due to the high blood pressure. My Wife started crying after he left the room. On the drive over to the hospital she said she was mad. She wasn't mad at me, the baby, or the doctor, just mad at the situation. I'm glad she talked to me but I couldn't understand it, and still don't.

We got to the hospital and they drew labs and hooked me up to the fetal monitor. Baby's heart rate was perfect. My BP was perfect. It's like the BP in the office wasn't real. I think it's very positional--when I lay down on my left side it goes "normal" but even when I roll over onto my back it goes up a little bit. Vertical it gets WORSE. My labs came back with my uric acid elevated. The doctor came in and gave me three choices: 1) I don't remember but I think it was medicine 2) keep me overnight and do a 24 hr urine protein test 3) go to delivery now

I told him I wanted option 2 but asked if I could do it at home. He thought for a minute and said yes, that would be fine. So, I urinated into a jug for 24 hours. They gave me a "hat" to place on the toilet seat to catch my urine. It had a funnel on each end to help pour into the jug. I kept the jug in the fridge until we took it back to the OB's today at 1 pm. I took pictures and said I will keep in the baby book. Good memories!

My OB called this evening and said my protein was only 200mg and he doesn't get concerned until 2000mg. Looks like only a trace!! That means we are not having a baby tonight. He asked how I was feeling and I told him okay, better than yesterday. I mentioned I ran over to our NP's office and had the nurse check my BP and my diastolic was still in the upper 90's and he interrupted me and said "tomorrow". I told him I had already about decided it was time. He said then "nothing to eat or drink after midnight and I'll see you in the morning between 0830-0900. Bye"

HOLY SMOKES!! Are we having a baby tomorrow?????

If you are reading this and are friends with me on Facebook, I ask that you PLEASE not mention any of this publicly.

Hopefully the next time I am typing here I'll have a precious angel on her boppy pillow looking up at me.

I love you baby girl...we'll see each other face to face soon! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment