Monday, July 1, 2013

35 weeks

We went in for our follow up on Thursday. My weight had gone down. My BP was still up. They drew labs. Then the doc said it's a wait and see. He listened to Samantha's heartbeat and said she was tachy and to go over to OB Triage. Ugh! We went over and had a NST and BPP plus re-drew lab work. She was perfect, nothing was wrong. Uric acid jumped from 5.9 to 6.8. My BP was still high and after the BPP my OB came to the hospital and said I am on strict bed rest. He wanted me to go back to OB Triage Monday morning for a repeat of the tests. Monday my uric acid went down to 6.2. My BP was better. Baby Girl was tachy when we first hooked her up but the nurse said it was likely because I was dehydrated. After my uric acid came back she gave me a huge thing of water to drink, baby Girl's heart rate went down in 20 min and stayed down. The nurse called my doc. She came back in and said "go home, go to OB's office Friday at 8 am".

So here I am back home. I'm going to have plenty of time to work on thank-you cards, read any mommy information I have been procrastinating. The pack n play should arrive tomorrow, I can put that together maybe.

We watched Safe Haven Sunday evening. What a tear jerker! I knew it would be but didn't know it would hit so close to home. That got me to thinking if I died while giving birth or if I died before baby Girl was grown....how would the Wife handle it. Her family never talks about anything tragic so I fear she wouldn't talk about me. I made her promise that she would talk about me every single day. I would want our daughter to know who I was. So important.

It was pretty emotional packing our bags for the hospital last night. It's the end of life as we know it. There will never be just my Wife and I. EVER. AGAIN. It's so final, it's almost like death. I shouldn't compare bringing a child into the world like that but it has nothing to do with the baby and everything to do with what was known.


2 comments:

  1. I remember feeling like that... like Alex being born was a "death" to our relationship... and it is, sort of. But what replaces the old "you two" is so much better, so much more rewarding and crazy and wonderful. I'm so happy for you both, can't wait to hear when she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I know once she gets here the feelings I have now will all go away. It's just hard to imagine until it happens, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete