Thursday, December 13, 2012

Six Weeks

We had an ultrasound on week 6. Technically it was 5 weeks 6 days according to LMP. According to IUI it was 6 weeks 1 day. It's funny how a day can make a difference.

We had a gestational sac and a yolk sac. No embryo, no heartbeat. My doc called and scared me and asked if I understood what was going on. I told her everything I had researched said a heartbeat could show up AFTER 6 weeks. She said no, we should see it NOW. I spent the following week in a state of panic!

We went for our 6 week 6 day ultrasound yesterday (12/12/12) and saw a BEAUTIFUL heartbeat and even got to hear the 129 bpm. Our tech took a 3D pic, our baby looks just like a peanut. She saved all our pics to a DVD and sent with us.

Our doc called and apologized. I told her she gave me a week long heart attack. She agreed and said she was sorry.

We picked out our OB. It's the husband of my GYN. He uses the same ultrasound company we've been going to for the past 8 months. They are great, and we have our favorite tech.

We met with one OB--she seemed knife happy and everything had to be buy the book. The medical books. There were no alternatives. There would have been disagreements between us.

We were going to meet with another OB that the doc I used to work for recommended. I made an appointment. I text a friend and told her we had the appt. She replied back with NO NO You can't go to her!! She broke up her 6 yr relationship, 14 years ago. She had an affair with a patient. Since then she's had multiple affairs and just 3 months ago told her partner of 14 years she is leaving her for a patient. Oh my gosh, our jaw hit the floor. I cancelled the appointment.

Symptoms at 7 weeks 0 days: Breasts are EXTREMELY sore/tender. Thank goodness for compression  sports bras. My breasts are funny colors--purple/brown and veins are prominent. I'm nauseous anytime afternoon noon until bedtime. I have not thrown up, but it would feel better if I could. I have reflux/heartburn something awful. It doesn't matter how little/lot I eat, it's always there. I am trying not to eat too many Tums, but some days it's unavoidable. I am more than tired, exhausted actually. It hits by 5 pm everyday. The symptoms haven't eased up much at all. Some days are worse than others but they are there every single day.

I am going to make an OB appointment tomorrow and also find out if I need to continue progesterone and for how long. I probably won't have to go to the doc until after the first of the year. I'll be 9 or 10 weeks by then. *gulp*

So far my craving has been Subway meatball sub. Not sure if it's the salt or the sauce, but I think about that sauce/cheese taste a LOT. An aversion, surprisingly, is coffee. The thought of a mocha from 'Bucks is not appealing at all. Good for me!







No comments:

Post a Comment