Saturday, December 29, 2012

9 weeks

Today makes 9 weeks 2 days. My fatigue has not let up, but the nausea has. It doesn't seem to be as strong. I'd say I peaked around week 7. I have read I should peak right now, maybe I'm just ahead of the game. Don't get me wrong, I still get nauseous in the evening, but it's not as much of a miserable feeling as it was. My breasts are all matter of colors, and still VERY sore/tender. My abdomen is growing. It's not growing from the baby so much as the uterus is enlarging. I read it's about the size of a tennis ball/grapefruit. I am a bit moody, but nothing irrational. I am going to squeeze in another ultrasound (Monday) before my deductible starts over. It'll be peace of mind and cool to see how much the peanut has grown in 3 weeks. Pictures to follow. It doesn't feel real yet. The only part that feels real is knowing how tired I'm going to be every day and how much heartburn/reflux I'll have when I lay down at night.

My Wife gave me an ornament and a letter from the baby as one of my gifts for Christmas. It made me cry. She also got me a lot of other nice things--a de-vine throw from restoration hardware. It's amazing!! I'm wrapped up in it now as I type this. The description begins with "indulge in the sumptuous feel...". It's heavenly!! She also got me a heated throw. I got a shirt from Fossil that I loved in the store. She gave me a Buddha board.

It's almost the new year!! I better start thinking about new years resolutions. I kept a few of mine throughout this year....especially that "make a baby" one!!


2 comments:

  1. Hope your Holidays were Merry! I was thinking about you 3 quite a bit... glad to hear the nausea is letting up a bit. How many people know now? It's not front page news on FB, yet, unless I missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! The nausea has let up a LOT!!

    No, we haven't announced on FB yet. We will SOOON because I can't hide this belly much longer. Ha! We've told both our families, and that's about it.

    ReplyDelete