Friday, August 2, 2013

Weight

I had my 3 week post delivery check-up yesterday. My OB said I was perfect. My incision looks great and I can take a bath now! He said I don't need to lift more than 20 pounds for another month then I have all restrictions off. My BP was 130/70. My weight was within 5 pounds of my starting weight. I asked the nurse how much I gained total and she said 20 pounds. It was actually a little more than that because I didn't go see the OB until week 10. I had gained about 5 to 8 pounds during that time. I can't deny that it didn't happen...but at least on paper in my medical record it didn't. Ha

I had to get away yesterday. I needed to know that I could escape, that I am not tied to this house. I left and drove down to the river and cleared my head for about thirty minutes. Wow that was great. I think it saved my sanity--especially with my parents visiting last night. They had already upset me due to not understanding text messages about dinner. Ugh. Sometimes I think I was adopted!!

I am working on my Wife's anniversary present. It's not our wedding anniversary but it's the day we committed to each other. I ordered her a custom money clip. It's got the tree of life on the front, and latitude/longitude coordinates on the back of our house. It shipped today so it should be here before 8/8.  I am writing her a long letter telling her what "FAMILY" now means to me, what our relationship now means, and how complete things feel now. I've never felt a part of a family. I am so different from mine. And the fact we have begun creating our OWN family is an amazing feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment