Tuesday, February 19, 2013

16 weeks 5 days


I'm 16 weeks, 5 days. We're having a girl.
 
The nursery has one coat of paint on it. It's grey. It looks so pretty. We went to Chicago last weekend, to visit cousin T and to shop @ IKEA. We spent a bazillion more dollars than we intended but everything is so cute. I cannot wait for the nursery to be complete. It's coming together perfectly. We bought a faux sheepskin rug that's adorable!! We also bought a GIANT green leaf to hang over the crb.
 
I had some paranoid days in Chicago, I hadn't felt any "flutters". I had the girls at work scan me real quick Monday evening, everything was perfect. Samantha Adeline was sucking her thumb. She looked to be asleep initally but then we poked on my belly with the transducer and woke her up. Play, play, play!! She kicked her legs a lot and I could see her sweet little lips and nose. PRECIOUS!
 
I've started working on the registry. We're going to register at Babies R Us, Target, and Wal-Mart. I don't want to register at Wal-Mart but we don't have a choice with the majority of our families not having access to the other two stores.
 
I want a doula. My Wife isn't as hip on it. I need it. We had a girl offer to do the service for free, she has to complete 3 before she gets her doula license. We met with her and everything went great but she's dropped off the face of the earth since then. No contact, no follow-up, no good. I am not going to contact her, I feel it's her job since she said she would get us some info and set up a time to meet to work on the birth plan. I started looking at doulas today. They aren't cheap, are they worth it? I'm leaning towards hiring one who has seen births before, who knows what goes on. I wish I did!! I should watch some videos of birth I think. It's not like I can change my mind at this point.
 
My parents are coming up this weekend to help install the hardwood flooring in the nursery.
 
I'm getting scared about labor. My Wife suggests I read more Ina May stories. I'm also getting excited to meet Samantha Adeline.
 
We have our 16 week appointment today. I predict it will be as uneventful as the previous ones. I'm concerned with my weight. I haven't gained "that" much, and I'm keeping a close eye on it. I've just never seen the scales say THOSE numbers.
 
Some days I can't believe this is happening. It doesn't feel real. It seems I have to tell myself every day that I'm pregnant. I wonder when it will become reality? That this is our new life? I'm almost half way through this pregnancy and I still don't feel or think I'm pregnant some days. Am I crazy? Speaking of crazy, I really hope I don't have a hard time with hormones after the birth. I want to be a normal mom without post partum issues. Of course, I don't think I have much control over it...or do I?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for being able to call your sweet baby by name! So exciting! You guys are on the ball with the nursery. Our nursery is gray too.

    As for not feeling flutters, I rarely feel any movement and didn't in my first pregnancy either. Oh well...everything turned out fine.

    As for labor, I never considered hiring a doula and definitely didn't need one. It wasn't complicated at all. Of course, I got an epidural and had an easy birth experience....but really women have been doing this for hundreds of years without nurses or doctors....you'll be fine and do great!

    ReplyDelete