Friday, July 29, 2011

Three Months

Yesterday was three months. Three months of marriage. It feels like a lifetime ago when we were standing in the rain in our beautiful wedding threads staring into each others souls, promising forever. Not sure why it feels that way, maybe because time goes so quickly these days. Happy Three Months...


We went to the beach last week. We wanted more to go than did, but for one reason or another, it ended up being my Wife, her mom, and myself. I was fine with that, but her mom can be a little moody. I love her to pieces, but she has two mood settings. Normal, and down. When she is down, she is REALLY down. She has a lot to be down about...her oldest daughter died in a carcrash some twenty years ago, eighteen months later her husband passed away from cancer, her mother passed away in April of this year, and her boyfriend told her he could no longer promise her forever.

We left around 20:30 Wednesday night. She was very quiet. We could barely make her talk. I would hear her sniff occasionally, and saw her get a tissue out. I'm sure she was missing her ex, and wishing he was going along with us. I don't know what she saw in him, but that's not for me to say anything about.

The entire time we were at the beach I had this nagging feeling I wanted to be alone with my Wife. Maybe it was because I knew we couldn't, but nonetheless, that's what I wanted. I stayed in a positive attitude--how can you not when you have gorgeous white beaches and clear water in front of you? We had a good time...we truly did. And my Wife and her mom had some goodtalks. My Wife and I took a walk down the beach alone one evening and got to the house her family stayed at three years ago with gram. She cried...she cried hard. I held her. I looked for signs her spirit might be there. When we got back to the beach house there was a HUGE dark blue cloud with a circle in the middle of it--the setting sun shone through perfectly...maybe that was her. Maybe the dolphins were carrying her spirit...they were so close to the beach!


My MIL slept almost the entire way home, it seemed to be another bad day. When we got home our AC was out again (same thing happened 1 week, 1 year ago). Thank goodness it was an easy fix. It was 92 degrees when we got in the house, too hot for sleeping, so I pricelined a hotel. Got a $200 room for $50 and we split it. The AC got fixed the next day.

Sidenote: I wish when my Wife got sleepy at night she would go to bed, rather than fighting it, and getting irritable. It's best if I just don't talk to her when she gets THAT tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment