Monday, June 13, 2011

This is life...

So the biggest difference in the life I had before my Wife and now...MOVIES! We rarely watch them. There never seems to be time. Our DVR is constantly full, and we feel some sort of mysterious pressure to watch something from the DVR queue when we are home. I miss my movies...We had planned for a date night, Saturday. I could hardly wait...a MOVIE!! YAY!! My Wife got cheap groupon tickets, and I also found more this week from living social. That means two movie date nights!!

I registered for free Bonnaroo tickets on a social networking site. I WON!! I couldn't believe it. I didn't even know who was playing but after looking at the list I got excited, then I began thinking about the reality of the event. The sweat. The no showers. The crowd. The heat. YUCK! We have been planning a little min-getaway with my MIL and her BF. After the Wife and I talked about it, we decided to sell our B'roo tickets and use the money for our vacation. We put them on ebay and craigslist. After several no-shows and scams, I finally sold them to a girl who was "thinking" about going. $400 cash in pocket. Funny thing?? Our vacation rental was exactly $400!

The same day I won the B'roo tickets, the Wife received a 4 day pass (minus 1 day because her boss was going to use them) to the music festival downtown from her boss. How lucky could we be? We should have played the lottery. I was MUCH more excited about this, at least there were assigned seats and some sort of organization to the event. The main people I wanted to see were going to be there. We got there at 8 pm Thursday night. I saw "looks" as we were making our way to our general admission seats. I even saw a girl whisper something to her friend and the friend said "shhhh". My wife always gives the benefit of the doubt, and told me they could have been talking about ANYTHING but us...but I just had a feeling they had an issue with us. We never show any PDA but my Wife wears guy clothes, and that is what gets the looks. I like what she wears, but it seems that sometimes when we are going to place that would be more conservative she wears things even MORE masculine. I honestly don't think she does it consciously, but I don't think she "thinks" about what others might say or think, either. Good for her. I wish I could be less observant...less noticing...less worried someone is going to SAY something. I often think if they say something...what will my response be? I never have to worry if my Wife is with me because she will spout some four letter obscenities at them in a heartbeat. That's not my style. I would rather ignore them or possibly embarrass the person saying the negative comments. Not her, she's always ready to spout from the mouth. I'm not saying it's a bad thing...I'm just more the type to let someone run over me. I think it comes from her competitive days of sports. She's just not gonna take shit off anyone. Most of her family is the same way, they grew up not afraid of standing up for themselves, or their family members. Something I will have to get used to.

I worked at the hospital the next day, oh was I tired!! I got a text right after lunch from my Wife asking if I could call her. I "guessed" that she was going to tell me her boss couldn't use the tickets that night. She wouldn't confirm, so I called her. She said "he can't go...do you want to?" OH MY GOSH! I was so excited because my fav band was going to be there (Sugarland). I'm totally convinced the female singer is a lesbian, and a very nice looking one at that!! We chose to enter the stadium and go to the gen. admission area a different way from the night before. WOW we got AWESOME seats!! We were parallel with the stage and had a great view, much better than the night before. The people that were sitting around us were SO friendly, what a much better night!!

Saturday we got up and went to the riverstage area and listened to Crystal Bowersox sing. Then we went to meet Robin Meade at her meet and greet booth. What a beautiful lady!! My Wife's aunt is infatuated with her, so I had been trying to think of a way to get Robin to say "hello" to her. First I thought about a phone call, but she wouldn't be able to replay that over and over, so I thought about the Flip I got my Wife for our anniversary and see if she would say hello to the camera, afterall, that's what she is used to! And she did!!! Here's the link:


Aunt Judy about went to heaven when she viewed the video. We really made her day, I was so glad. She thinks we ROCK!!

Saturday night was date night...we used a wedding gift card and ate at Olive Garden...then we went to see Bridesmaids. We laughed for two solid hours. What a funny movie...think we'll have to buy that one!!

Sunday we went back down to the festival and listened to Robin Meade sing on the plaza. She's a great singer..awesome voice!! My fav was her cover of "Dirty Laundry". The songs she has written were also good.

Work for me is slow...wish it would be more consistent. I've got baby fever. I don't want to have a baby until I am certain of how much $$ I will bring home every month. Thankfully, my Wife has a very consistent income. I've been picking up more days at the hospital, which helps. I am hearing that insurance companies are not pre-approving people for surgery as readily as they once were. Hope this is a phase.

Great weekend....Great life.





No comments:

Post a Comment