Thursday, November 11, 2010

Had a wonderful time in MX. Amazing resort. Amazing water. Cooler temps than preferred. Top shelf liquor and fine dining included in our all-inclusive package. I got tired of people constantly opening my door, carrying my plate, pulling my chair out for me. I felt helpless. How do celebrities do it?

We came back to very bad news. My girl's "healthy" grandmother (72) is looking like she has cancer. She went in for a little chest pain...and they did a precautionary catscan...they have found nodules on her lungs (both) and her liver. They did a liver biopsy yesterday...and hoping for results today. The family is devastated. In shock still. Doesn't seem real. I thought about my post a few weeks ago about never dealt with anything bad before. She means a lot to me, because she is not discriminating towards "us". How many g-friendly 72 year old grandmothers are out there? Family is EVERYTHING to them. Waiting for the lab results is hard. Probably harder than knowing.

I talked to my mom yesterday. She said "i thought we would come up and take ya'll out for your birthday dinner". OMG!!!!!!! I almost ran off the road. She's never said the pleural before. Time...yes, that was the answer. Now I just have to get thru it with no hiccups.


No comments:

Post a Comment