Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Medicine and Marathon

She started Wellbutrin for smoking cessation last Friday. I worry about her taking it, only because when I took it while going through my divorce, it made me very depressed. I asked her today if she could tell if she was on it, she said she seemed very "blah" about most everything today, including when she couldn't find her lighter on the way home. I've seen her in near panic attacks when she couldn't find her lighter before, so this is huge. She wasn't clingy today like she typically is. I think I was even getting on her nerves. That is something I'm not used to. If I got on someones nerves in my past relationships, they never told me at the time. I suppose that's why I am still up at almost midnight and cannot sleep. She seemed irritated with a lot of what I said or did this evening.

It's going to be so hard to find her something to wear for our wedding.

We did our first half marathon on Saturday. WOW, what an amazing feeling!! 13.1 miles. I have the blisters to prove it. God.Awful.Blisters. They are so bad I even called out of work because I cannot put tennis shoes on without excruciating pain. They have gotten better since Sat but my left heel is still extremely tender. Anyway, back to the race. My girl, her mom, and I entered the race. It began at 7 am and we made the 13.1 miles in 3 hrs 20 min. Our goal was 4 hours, because we were primarily walking it. I ended up jogging a bit just to get pressure off my heels when the blisters started to form. I don't typically keep a 4 mph pace on the treadmill, so I surprised myself in the marathon. We had a great time. Several times throughout the race my endorphins were skyrocketing. It was fabulous, and such an accomplished feeling. After it was over we got our medal, a big silver music note, and all the cookies and Gatorade we could stand. Gosh those were the best cookies in the world!! At mile 8 we received a GU gel packet, I chose strawberry flavor. Yum, I wanted another one!! There were only a couple of times during the race where I really wanted to quit, but in the back of my mind I knew I couldn't. I would just pick the next upbeat song I could find on my ipod and keep walking. I know that if I am ever stranded on a highway that my body will let me walk at least 13.1 miles. Before the race I didn't "know" if I could do it. Now I do. Builds confidence. Now a 5K seems like nothing.

The barn dance at her grandparents farm was Saturday night. We had fun. We danced until around 2:15 am. I finally drank enough I didn't remember if my blisters hurt. ha She and I made the signs for the yard, and they received lots of compliments--made me feel good. Someone brought Halloween Oreos for the dessert table--gosh those things are addictive!

I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. From CT: just read ur blog. u silly girl. =)
    ppl quitting an addiction are gonna feel cranky & irritable. let her have that & be glad she's not hormonal to boot. give her a little space so that she can get thru the quitting irritability w/o worrying about hurting ur feelings, too. it's temporary, & keep ur eyes on the big pic...ur doing this to start a life & family together! what's a little irritability for a few weeks in light of that? *hugzzz*

    ReplyDelete