Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Half Marathon

We signed up for a half marathon months ago...and here it is 3 days before the event. We haven't really trained. I feel like I can walk 13 miles, only based on how I feel after walking 6, not that long ago. I have zero intentions of running any portion of it. We're required to keep a 20 min or better pace per mile, and complete the entire thing in 4.5 hours. I bought some new shoes a few weeks ago, recommended by CT. They are wonderful...little to no break in period. Asics Kayano 16. My girl walked a few evening last week in the Asics I bought her in May for her b-day but they began hurting her feet so she tried on a pair of the Kayano's at a local store and decided to order some online--the store didn't have black. They should arrive tomorrow and our feet should be set with nice shoes and socks on Saturday morning.

After the race we must rush to get ready and head to my girls family farm. It's time, once again, for the big barn dance. This is the 5th year they have done this. So much fun...imagine a metal barn with a concrete floor...disco ball hung by the rafters and Christmas lights strung to each corner. The lean-to off the edge of the barn has hay strewn and tables set up for food and drinks. We'll all gather under the disco ball and lights for an evening of dancing and drinking til the wee hours of the morning. We had a ton of fun last year and expect nothing less this time around. We're tossing around the idea of setting up a small tent in her grandparents yard so we won't have to drive to the lake house after drinking. It would be back roads rarely maintained by the police, but still, I'd rather be safe.

We booked a weekend get away to Colorado in Oct with our Orbitz credit. Flying into DEN and renting a car (Priceline is so the way to go!!) to drive up to Estes Park for two nights. We're staying at the hotel where the Shining was filmed. Thankfully I don't watch scary movies and have no clue why this place is so eerie. Maybe I'll wiki the hotel AFTER we return and get the scoop. I plan to spend most of our time in the Nat'l Park listening to the elk bugling and looking at the breathtaking beauty of the snowcapped peaks.

I keep forgetting we're going to Mexico in November. When you book a trip almost a year out, it's hard to remember. It will also be hard to put away sweatshirts and pack sundresses and bikinis.

I'll be 32 soon. Within the next 3 years I will have a full fledged family....I hope. KIDS!

I love my girl...we are so sweet to each other. We leave notes for each other every single day. We try to each lunch with each other as many times as week as possible. We want to spend our evenings together, doing anything. It's still hard to get things done...who wants to do laundry in the evening when that time could be spent walking with her, or hanging out on our porch, or watching tv?

Goodnight.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment