Friday, August 17, 2012

I Ovulated...

So...I was scared that I had already ovulated. My cm wasn't what I thought it should be, my temp had gone up .3-.4, I hadn't gotten a + on an OPK. What the hell?

We had our appt Thursday morning. Thank GOD my temp went down that morning--as my Wife felt it would. I told our doc I was afraid the timing was off. She looked at my cervix and said it was PERFECT. The cervix was open and there was plenty of cm. We popped open the cork so to speak on our new donor.

The doc plunged a drop of specimen onto a slide and viewed it under the microscope. She said they were swimming good and there were a lot of them. Yay! Our donor donated that specimen not even a year ago...I like that it's so "fresh". When my Wife went with our doc and her nurse to look at the microscope, the nurse had a hard time getting the drop on the glass. The doc took the pump of the syringe and was plunging it up and down towards the glass. The nurse said "oh you got some...you've done a hand job or two in your day" and started laughing. My Wife said "y'all ain't right!!" My doc is a lesbian...

I had to go to work after our IUI so I treated myself to a junky breakfast (McD's sausage/cheese biscuit and artificially colored Hi-C orange drink). I cramped off and on throughout the day but I was so busy I barely noticed. Thankfully I had grabbed a pad out of our doc's cabinet because I bled just slightly. I hate that wetness you get after an IUI.

My temp shot WAY up today (Friday) so I know I ovulated yesterday. Timing couldn't have been more perfect. We IUI'd at the same time I would have had sex, if we were a straight couple.

I'll be watching my temp for the next two weeks...(11 days) and praying it stays elevated beyond Aug 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment